[TYPO3] CoolURI: Cache setup (problems with tt_news pagebrowser)

Morten Kjems mortenkjems at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 19:13:44 CEST 2007

Hi.

I have a problem with the tt_news pagebrowser in list view. When CoolURI
is installed the links do not work.

As pointed out by Jan Bednarik in another post the problem is related to
cHash settings.

The problem is also well descibed in the manual:

 >The cache parameter cHash is removed from URI in the default
 >configuration. However, this causes tt_news (and other extensions) not
 >to change its contents and display still the same.

In other words: The links in the pagebrowser do not work and the page
and content dos not change when a link is clicked.

The answer is a bit harder to understand (for me anyway...):

 >you have to either allow the ugly cHash parameter or make an extension
 >COA_INT (may lower performance).

Here is what I have done so far. To test if the problem was related to
cache settings I checked the "no cache" checkbox for the page displaying
the tt_news in list view.

That solves the problem and the pagebrowser works just fine. But I
wonder if there is a better soluton, so that only the pagebrowserlinks
are not cached. That would give a better overall performance for the page.

So any suggestions on how to achieve this?

Do I edit the code for tt_news? Or do I edit the xml setup for CoolURI?

All help is much appreciated.

Thanks

/Morten