[TYPO3] Description in shortcut

Johnny Peck johnny at slipcasemedia.com
Sun Sep 16 07:25:08 CEST 2007

Tapio Markula wrote:
> Johnny Peck
>>>
>>> -- cut --
>>> t3lib_extMgm::addToAllTCAtypes('pages','description','4','after:shortcut_mode');
>>>

>> How do you do that?
>
> alt_tables.php should be in the root directory of installed plugin.
> just few changes to the file - no matter which ext_tables.php,
> but if you update some plugin you loose the information - that's why
> small extension is usefull.
>
> <?php
> if (!defined ("TYPO3_MODE"))     die ("Access denied.");
> t3lib_extMgm::addToAllTCAtypes('pages','description','4','after:shortcut_mode');
>
> ?>
>
> create for example folder
> typo3conf/user_shortcutmode
>
> and put that file there and clear the cache. That's it.

Tapio, I did not mean to ask him how to do it, I was simply remarking on
Peter's amazing ability to have the answers to so many things all the
time.  I can barely do a search relating to T3 in google without Peter
Klein popping up all over the place! ;) I think you misunderstood my
post, it's alright though, you are helpful as well.  Aloha.