[TYPO3] quote html code in rtehtmlarea

Krystian Szymukowicz t33kRE.MO.VE. at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Sat Sep 15 16:33:01 CEST 2007

Matyi Gábor wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I have a site where the contents are miscellanous tutorials, so the contents contain program code, HTML code, CSS code etc. Unfortunately I didn't found quote function in the rtehtmlarea text editor. As I tried to quote the HTML code by hand so, that I paste it in html view an I put a "pre" and "/pre" html tags to the begin and the end of the quoted html code, the some tags in the html code hadn't appeared. f.e. (div-s). As iItried to change the greater and less to it's htmlentity the htmlarea changed the htmlentity return to greater and less.
>

> Does anybody how could I to code HTML code with rtehtmlarea?

hi Matyi

using rtehtmlarea to put code examples is not a good idea. There are
some specialized extensions for that in TER. Try to search for keyword
"highlight" there. Those extensions will even colorize your code
examples, add linenumbers, highlight lines that are important etc.

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz