[TYPO3] newsletters cross-mail client compatiblity

Darko Jr. Gonzalez jkokino at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:10:38 CEST 2007

Hey folks

This is something I posted elsewhere too, so those reading it twice or more
times, apology. Intend to reach as many people as possible and see whats
their experience.
BTW, I have also read abit about typo3 marketing tool extension
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/t3m/0.2.4/ - havent tested yet
though

How do you create these, css/xhtml tableless design; or tables + inline css;
or tables + external css file? I would like to hear successful experience,
and how you know it is successful. I am about to load and test further. I
didnt have success the first time with tableless css/xhtml design with most
of the mail clients...I may be doing something wrong.
One source pointed me to tables-based html structure with external css files
as the most compatible way. I used direct_mail and plan to, if you have
other suggestion, please provide.

BTW, I read these:
http://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/archives/2007/04/a_guide_to_css_support_in_emai_2.html
http://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/archives/2006/12/how_to_test_html_emails.html

Something now I wonder really the purpose of the webbased newsletter feature
via typo3
when there are such incompatibilities

Thanks,
Darko