[TYPO3] Typo3 4.2 suggestions

Darko Jr. Gonzalez jkokino at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 21:46:20 CEST 2007

Heya

I dont know where to post to suggest these two features, which I think
are kinda important. Among the loads of flexibility and options Typo3
provides I didnt find these two:

1. Via page properties there are these cache values:
1min, 5min, 15min, 30min, 1h, 4h, 1d, 2d, 7d, 1m
I need 12h, or I found there is clearCacheAtmidnight, but I want to
optimize it, or put a workaround, so is there a way to set that each day
at exactly 4pm the page cache is cleared and recached at next visit?

2. I've used abit Joomla, there is a handy section there which allows me
to disable the website FE for regular preview by a single click. How do
I achieve that. As far as I know there is no such thing in Typo3, unless
I do it manually e.g.:
	- hide homepage, but the other pages are accessible directly
	- deactivate the root template. shows template not found for TV, but I
dont know how to revert back to activated, unless I do undo from the logs.
My suggestion, pretty simple. One click goes under "site maintenance",
one click goes live back. Eventually that we can set a picture/baner
while offline/under maintenance - that would be great.

Thanks

Darko