[TYPO3] database postgres and news

Violeta Creteanu violeta_creteanu at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 14:43:32 CEST 2007

Hi!

Can somebody tell me: there is any extension with news that goes well with postgres?

   I try tt_news, but I have some problems in the database.

I found this:

http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-english/2006-February/020481.html

but I don't understand: why to have 2 databases? Better I use only MySql.

   I also found this extension: News Flexible that "enables other databases than MySQL", but id doesn't have "Search".

Can anyone help me? Keep going with Postgres or use MySql?

If I use PostgreSQL it is possible to have problems in future with other extensions?

Thank you very much.

Violeta