[TYPO3] random teaser

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Thu Sep 13 13:44:36 CEST 2007

Hi!
Roberto Torresani schrieb:
> I need insert in the home page a random teaser of the subpage, that change
> every time somebody visit the home page.
> What is the best way/extension to do this?
There are many possibilities to do this.
shortcuts:
If your contents should be the same (most of the time) but only the
teaser changes you can do it with several pages and add a shortcut type
random to those. It'll randomly open one of these pages then. (problem:
if you want to update the texts or something it will be quite time
consuming)
ad system:
You can use one out of many advertising systems to solve this. Just
create several ads and add them to a zone shown as your teaser. If you
only want to show some teasers you're fine with an internal ad
extension. If we're speaking about some hundreds of ads shown on
hundreds of pages you might want to consider openads.org for this job
that can be integrated into TYPO3 aswell.

Hope that helps a bit
Andreas