[TYPO3] Cooluri, multidomain, multilanguage,single tree setup

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed Sep 12 19:49:32 CEST 2007

On Sep 12, 2007, at 12:27 PM, Jan Bednarik wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> 1. Cooluri rewrites urls just for the first domain that is used in FE
>> ie: if I delete all urls in cooluri and enter www.eksotika.si all
>> urls
>> point to slovene domain and translation (even on
>> www.rare-exotic-plants.com). I searched around but could not find the
>> answer to this.
>
> Well... I'm afraid that CoolURI isn't suitable for this. It doesn't
> have
> such option, that you differ language based on a domain. When it looks
> up a path it doesn't know that one domain belongs to one language and
> the other to the other language.
>
> Multilanguage works only if you have domains on different pages.
>
> I could make some update to fix this issue, but for now I can't
> think of
> any simple solution. I'll try to find some time and do something
> about it.
>
>> 2. The second question is about duplicates. This site is a shop with
>> tt_products. I added a simple XML rule for tt_products. I have some
>> products with the same name in the same category (subpage). So the
>> URLs
>> are the same and only the first product is shown in FE. I didn't
>> dig for
>> this answer yet and if it is in manuals or tutorial just ignore it.
>
> Isn't this a bit stupid? There's no solution. You need to rename your
> products. I'd be better for everyone ;)

RealURL does solve this by adding a number
to the path to make it not unique anymore if a existing
path already exists...

You might also solve this like this :

SELECT title || '_' || uid FROM tt_products WHERE uid=$1 (top of my
head)

This will add the uid of each product to the title. Kinda ugly...

It should be trivial in CoolURI's code
to detect Db records  and respond properly to it.

Ries
PS: It's not stupid to have same product names for different products.