[TYPO3] Installation Problem (Step 1)

Rob Wooders rob.wooders at adamsmithinternational.com
Wed Sep 12 11:48:47 CEST 2007

I have been trying to install Typo3 for about a week now and can not get past setting up the databse connection in the Install Tool.

Enviroment:

Windows Server 2003
IIS 6
mySQL Server version: 5.0.45-community-nt; Protocol version 10; Connnection:  localhost via TCP/IP; TCP port 3306
PHP 4.3.10

The problem:

When I try and enter the Username, Password and Host using the install tool it returns an error saying that the database is not available.  I have checked mySQL and all is working/running, I have also run the test for PHP (PHPINFO) and this returns all the info correctly.

I have set the permissions on the whole of the directory for the moment so that IIS_WPG, IUSR_ASIIT01 and USERS all have modify permissions.

Connections to mySQL have been tested using the root and typo3 accounts and these work ok;

RESULT:

mysqlshow -h localhost -u typo3 -p*!*!*!*! typo3
Database: typo3
+--------+
| Tables |
+--------+
+--------+

As you can see above I have created an empty database called 'typo3' in mysql and have given the 'typo3' account full permissions to this.

The only time that I have been able to get past this point was when I setup the ANONYMOUS account in mySQL.  When this was active I could get to STEP 2 and select a database.  I could not get any further as the ANONYMOUS account did not have privilages to the database, but I wanted to use this as a test to make sure that mySQL and PHP were all working correctly and that the install tool could actually communicate with mySQL etc.

I'm not a developer, but it seems as if the install tool is not passing the username and password across when it tries to connect to mySQL.

Any advice or pointers as to where I have gone wrong would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Rob.

This message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged.

Please delete all copies immediately and notify the Adam Smith International Helpdesk at helpdesk at adamsmithinternational.com

Adam Smith International Limited
A company registered in England and Wales; Registration Number: 2732176
Registered address: 3 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7SP, United Kingdom

This message has been scanned for viruses by BlackSpider