[TYPO3] no PHPMyAdmin in Tools of 4.1.2

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3quebec.org
Mon Sep 10 05:33:26 CEST 2007

Cate & Peter wrote:
>>> I no longer have access to PHPMyAdmin in the backend of my Typo3
>>> installation, following upgrade to 4.1.2 - has it been removed???
>>> Surely not?

> Was this a documented drop anywhere? I have had it in every version since I
> don't know when, and it just disappeared in this upgrade.

Since 4.0 it was removed from Core:

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/TYPO3_4.0

Removed Extensions

The following extensions were shipped as default global extensions in
TYPO3 3.8 and have been removed from the TYPO3 source. They are either
still available through TER or have been phased out:

phpmyadmin

Also mentionned in the Stucki interview:
http://news.typo3.org/news/article/interview-with-michael-stucki/

Extract:

"Michael:
There were several reasons. The idea to remove global extensions from
the core distribution was planned since the introduction of the system
extensions. The main advantage is that these extensions can be developed
(and released) independently from the core. Another reason was - as you
guessed correctly - that the size of the core was too big (e.g.
phpmyadmin is solely 10MB)."

Patrick Gaumond
DMR Conseil