[TYPO3] Conditional menu

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Fri Sep 7 22:35:49 CEST 2007

> Just an update, I came up with the following TypoScript that doesn't
> work but may explain better what I'm trying to accomplish:
>
> side.menu_1 = HMENU
> side.menu_1.if {
>   value.data = 4
>   equals = treeLevel
> }

There's no if that would work like this in TYPO3.
Have a look at TSref to find out how to do it.
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.1.0/view/5/7/
TS is not a real language but a configuration array, so don't expect the
"if" settings to have any similarity to PHP or languages you might already
know.

> side.menu_1.isTrue.entryLevel = 3
> side.menu_1.isFalse.entryLevel = 1

Doesn't exist, thus won't do anything.

What you are looking for is called "Conditions".
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.1.0/view/4/1/
One of them is treeLevel so you can do something like this:

First setup the default (same as the "isFalse" in your example)

side.menu_1 = HMENU
side.menu_1 {
    entryLevel = 1
    1 = TMENU