[TYPO3] Form libraries - what do you use?

Elmar Hinz elmar07 at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 7 09:20:25 CEST 2007

Hello,

I am regularly surprised, that there are that few form libraries for PHP
although PHP is many years old now and nearly every site has forms. What's
the reason? If you look for template engines there are standards like
smarty, but form libraries, validation? Still everybody seems to prefer
home brewery.

For example the pear repository. There is HTML_QuickForm, but it's
recommended to use HTML_QuickForm2 now. On the other hand HTML_QuickForm2
is alpha since a long time. Just an example.

Certainly you can write forms in plain PHP or use the T3 build in forms.
Both isn't that satisfying. I am curious. What is your preferred solution
to build forms in FE extensions and BE modules?

Regards

Elmar