[TYPO3] order of the editing fields in TCA, after extension add - on

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Sep 6 05:38:09 CEST 2007

> I have created an extension which extends fe_users table with a few
> extra fields. I see that kickstarter (very nicely) freated the
> ext_tables.sql which sets my new fields correctly in TCA, but it adds
> them to the very end of the editing form fields.
>
> How can I re-order (rearrange) the input fields in the TCA in this
> situation? ('types' => array)
>
> In other words I have added some fields that I want to go within
>   (order) some of the original ones...
>
> Is this possible, and if so - how?

Rearrange the fieldnames and other stuff with something like this (all in
one line):

 $TCA['tt_content']['types']['whatever']['showitem'] =
'CType;;4;button;1-1-1,header,--div--,image;;;;4-4-4,--div--,bodytext;;;;4-4
-4,--div--,header_link;LLL:EXT:contentmods/locallang_db.xml:ALT.header_link,
subheader;LLL:EXT:contentmods/locallang_db.xml:ALT.subheader,image_link;LLL:
EXT:contentmods/locallang_db.xml:ALT.image_link,tx_contentmods_relatedproduc
ts';

It has to be done in ext_tables.php

Since extensions always come after the default settings, this will override
the original setup of this table.

Read this one for further instructions:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/current/

HTH