[TYPO3] Creating TCA for a table

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed Sep 5 17:25:04 CEST 2007

Tapio Markula wrote:
> Hi
>
> EXT: Newsletter Subscription Module
>
> doesn't have TCA for a table

It doesn't have TCA for a table - it hasn't got a TCA for any table.
There is no table defined for the ext "direct_mail_subscription"
Reason: tt_address - which gets used to store address data is already
a basic table of TYPO3. (Just install extension tt_address)

> and I would like to create TCA for the table.
For which table ? Please write the name of the table instead of "the table"
I cannot guess it ...

> One field is marked as 'blob'.
Which field ? Again a name would help as I can really not guess what you
are talking about.

> What to do with it?
That depends on what you want to achieve ...

> If I just not define that at all, does Typo3 save the information in
> that field correctly?
I currently do not really understand what your problem is ...

Please write about which table you are talking. And what and how you want
to fill data into these field  ... using the T3 backend forms ? or by some
custom extension ??

T3 will not overwrite the field if you do not include it in the TCA for the
respective table.

PS: I know many people do not really understand what you are writing but I
try to help ...

greets,
Bernhard