[TYPO3] UTF-8 works for Firefox, NOT for Explorer

Mark Pi pmark23 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 09:09:44 CEST 2007

UTF-8 is working for FireFox, but not --completely-- for Explorer.

Site has three languages, first two work correctly (English and
Russian), but third has some missing characters (extensions to the
Russian character set, but still part of the utf-8 standard) -- but only
in Explorer. Firefox works fine.

To make things more confusing, the Explorer title-bar shows the correct
encoding.

I checked the utf-8 troubleshooting page, checked that the page-encoding
is set right in Explorer, and double-checked that I entered the
characters properly in the first place.

The most confusing thing is that it works fine in Firefox (well... not
really that confusing -- just frustrating!)

Any ideas?