[TYPO3] website structure / menu

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Wed Sep 5 00:55:46 CEST 2007

Hi Timo - welcome :)

>My question is how to best built up the site structure so as to
>minimize redundancy. Obviously page A needs a template and so
>do B,C,D. (all the same).

>So what I was thinking was a structure like this

>          -> B
>         /
>root -> A -> C
>         \
>          -> D
>
>with root having the common template for B,C,D and
>A an extra import.
>But my problem is that that way A inherits the template
>from root. On the other hand A has to be the father of
>B,C,D since it has to list its children..
>
>I'm sure there is a way out of this, like having A extra
>and letting it generate a menu of non children, but I could
>not find out how to do that.

Yes there is :) - I can only tell you one way, because I only am familiar
with one method, but I know there are several choices.

If you choose to use templavoila as your template building method, in the
page properties towards the bottom of the form are the options for setting
the template to use ... after setting the template for the page, there is an
option "subpages - page template structure" where you can select a new
template for all subpages.

HTH

Cate