[TYPO3] BE defLangBinding=1 hides left-over translated content?

Björn Kuipers bjorn at qprs.nl
Tue Sep 4 20:22:15 CEST 2007

Hello everyone,

My question is: Why are translated versions of content hidden when the
parent-element is deleted (in Page-view mode)?

This seems to only happen when you set the following typoscript in the TSconfig:
mod.web_layout.defLangBinding  = 1

As soon as I comment this out, the translated versions of the
content-element are visible in the backend and can also be edited,
_but_ then the layout gets messy: elements don't get aligned horizontally.

Is there a way to see the hidden elements and align them horizontally
as well? Like so (see Text 3 that in my example is deleted but the
translated version align up with each other):

| Default   | Englisch   | Deutsch   |
| Text 1    | Trans. 1    | -              |
| Text 2    | Trans. 2    | Transl 2    |
|              | Trans. 3    | Transl 3    |

Kind regards,

Björn