[TYPO3] FE-Login with _real_ redirect (HTTP, Location-Header!)?

Wolfgang Illmeyer wolfgang.illmeyer at gmx.net
Tue Sep 4 17:04:14 CEST 2007

Am Montag, 3. September 2007 schrieb Wolfgang Illmeyer:
> How can I make typo3 do _real_ (HTTP) redirects after login?

Just in case anyone else happens to have the same problem:
This seems to be a severe design flaw in the general typo3 redirection
process. I don't know why, but for some moronic reason the developers seem to
think that HTTP-redirects are a bad idea, and they'd rather render a page
with uid $y on an url pointing to uid $x than sending a Location-Header.
This braindead behaviour not only spawns my problem, but is also the reason
why the SEO-people are so pissed off so much, because page-"redirects", as
commonly used on root-pages, also just render the _wrong_ page instead of
sending a redirect to the correct URL. This leads to the mystical "content
duplication".

I cannot fix this design flaw myself, but I found a workaround:
"jumpurl". It seems to send real HTTP-redirects, and the only thing you need
for it is a GET- or POST-variable called "jumpurl", which contains the URL to
redirect to. For the login-form, this can be achieved by:

tt_content.login.20 {
	hiddenFields.jumpurl=TEXT
	hiddenFields.jumpurl.field=alias // uid
	hiddenFields.jumpurl.wrap=http://example.com/index.php?id=|
}

This redirects to the current page right after login. However, it is kind of
an ugly hack, because
a) It doesn't support neither simulatestatic nor realurl
b) It is goddamn slow, because the whole page is rendered and then thrown away
before the redirect is finally sent.
c) you have to put your site url into the template, you can't just throw in
some page-uid

Greetings

Wolfgang