[TYPO3] Displaying an rss feed in a website

Gregory Remington greg at mediatech.net
Tue Oct 30 20:17:02 CET 2007

Stephen Bungert wrote:
> Hi thanks for the link... it looks like what I'm looking for. I tried
> the following:
>
> magpierss_1.0.1.t3x
> oxcs_rssreagregator_0.3.0.t3x
> rss2_import_0.0.1.t3x
> tw_rssfeeds_2.1.4.t3x
> xml_ttnews_import_0.3.2.t3x

I went through this a few months ago and went with kik RSS Feeds.
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/kik_rssfeeds/2.1.5/

Regarding manuals. Yes, a lot of them do lack something and many
"assume" you are familiar with the "basics". Once you realize about 90%
of  extensions use a typical method for installation and setup, the
manuals become a point of reference for their TypoScript properties.

The typical extension install goes something like this using either
Flexform (if available) or TypoScript.

Create a sys folder to store that extension's content records (if
needed), use Startingpoint: to point the extension to the sys folder,
Include static (from extensions): in your TS template for the extension
in  Web > Template, and so forth.

Flexforms are more user friendly for newbies and lower level technical
personnel, TypoScript opens more possibilities for intermediate and
advanced end users without having to learn PHP like some other systems
require.

A "universal" extension installation manual that covers the most common
denominator for all extensions would be useful. I'll get to work on that
next ;)

Cheers,
Greg

----
web: http://www.mediatech.net
Phone: +1 (760) 525-1770 . Skype: gremington