[TYPO3] Lower Case "c" Prepended to Bookmarks

r.jones at fixt.org r.jones at fixt.org
Tue Oct 30 12:57:18 CET 2007

Thank you for a such a quick reply.

If Typo3 is creating the bookmark URL with a prepended "c" to comply with
W3C standards, shouldn't it also prepend the "c" to the bookmark created for
the record on the target page?

If it isn't creating the bookmark correctly on the target page, what might
be causing the problem?

Example:

http://www.cleanoceanaction.org/index.php?id=170#c1049 should take someone
to bookmark <a name="c1049"></a> on id=170, but since the bookmark is <a
name="1049"></a>, the link still doesn't work correctly.

> We are having a problem with creating bookmarks.  Whenever one is
> created a lower case "c" is prepended to it.  For Example:
>
> http://www.cleanoceanaction.org/index.php?id=170#c1049
>
> vs.
>
> http://www.cleanoceanaction.org/index.php?id=170#1049
>
> If I check the html in the htmlArea (RTE) editor it is correct
> (without the "c").  During "transformation" it is saved with the "c"
> to the database record.
>
> If anyone has some suggestions on how to identify the problem, it
> would be greatly appreciated.

This is done to make sure anchors are cerated according to W3C rules.
The tag which is generated during the output will look like this:

<a id="c1234"></a>

W3C rules say: "id" must not start with a number and this is why the "c" is
added as a prefix.
Don't remember when this has been added to the core, but I do remember there
was a compatibility version creating anchors the old fashioned way which
didn't care about any rules.
But since the typolink function is aware of this rule, the links will still
work as expected and you won't need the comptability setting anyway.

HTH

Joey