[TYPO3] Displaying an rss feed in a website

Stephen Bungert s.bungert at metrinomics.de
Mon Oct 29 18:34:41 CET 2007

Does anyone know how to do this?

I've tried various extensions, I only got one to work and that didin't
have a customisable display, at least not the way i need it displayed.
The other extensions I tried either had problems or were so poorly
documented that they were unusable. Why are these extensions allowed on
the typo3 extension repository without a manual? And when they do have a
manual they so poorly documented and explained that there's no point in
having a link to it.

Is it possible to just add PHP to a content area? So that I can write my
own RSS parser and display it how I want without having to mess around
with extensions that never work?