[TYPO3] Lower Case "c" Prepended to Bookmarks

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sun Oct 28 19:47:09 CET 2007

> We are having a problem with creating bookmarks.  Whenever one is
> created a lower case "c" is prepended to it.  For Example:
>
> http://www.cleanoceanaction.org/index.php?id=170#c1049
>
> vs.
>
> http://www.cleanoceanaction.org/index.php?id=170#1049
>
> If I check the html in the htmlArea (RTE) editor it is correct
> (without the "c").  During "transformation" it is saved with the "c"
> to the database record.
>
> If anyone has some suggestions on how to identify the problem, it
> would be greatly appreciated.

This is done to make sure anchors are cerated according to W3C rules.
The tag which is generated during the output will look like this:

<a id="c1234"></a>

W3C rules say: "id" must not start with a number and this is why the "c" is
added as a prefix.
Don't remember when this has been added to the core, but I do remember there
was a compatibility version creating anchors the old fashioned way which
didn't care about any rules.
But since the typolink function is aware of this rule, the links will still
work as expected and you won't need the comptability setting anyway.

HTH

Joey