[TYPO3] Installation: Two things...

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sat Oct 27 12:47:05 CEST 2007

Hi!

Soren Grau wrote:
> I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. The install went just fine and I can open
> the BE from my laptop, however not from my home PC. I have already checked
> that cookies and JavaScripts are enabled, and I even disabled the Firewall.
> But I keep getting the infamous "Login error /session times-out." I see that
> this is a general problem from many threads?

Not really. I think you just do not have any user in the database.

There is no file. You need to go to http://www.yourdomain.com/typo3/install. I do not think IP address is a problem for you because initially this option is not set. You should go to datbase analyzer there and create admin user. Then you can login.

> 2) STUPID question: When I open the BE + site from my laptop, there's no
> content in the website... Does anyone know from where I can import the data
> to my database. I gues I missed that part during install.

There is no conent because you have to create it. You must create database tables using install tool and then you can create content.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/