[TYPO3] how to substitute a template.file in an extension template?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Sat Oct 27 11:26:31 CEST 2007

Katja Lampela schrieb:
> Hi Tomasz,
> Did you try it without the
> page.10 < temp.mainTemplate
>
> If your main template is in the root page, I don't think you have to
> define this kind of thing in the ext templates. (don't know what this
> temp.mainTemplate is though)
>
> So, you have to substitute only the parts you want to in the ext
> template (for example the htm template file).

You mean the extension template should look like below?

### Extension template - start

# New template file
temp.mainTemplate.template.file = fileadmin/templates/newfile.htm

# Copying the content from TEMPLATE for <body>-section:
#page.10 < temp.mainTemplate

### Extension template - end

Without "page.10 < temp.mainTemplate" (so, only with
"temp.mainTemplate.template.file = fileadmin/templates/newfile.htm"), it
doesn't work - the template.file from the original, main template is used.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://blog.wpkg.org