[TYPO3] Installation: Two things...

Soren Grau soren at sorengrau.com
Fri Oct 26 21:22:45 CEST 2007

Hi everybody,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. The install went just fine and I can open
the BE from my laptop, however not from my home PC. I have already checked
that cookies and JavaScripts are enabled, and I even disabled the Firewall.
But I keep getting the infamous "Login error /session times-out." I see that
this is a general problem from many threads?

1) I saw a possible answer to this in a thread from 2005: "try to set lockIP
in $TYPO3_CONF_VARS["BE"] to a smaller value or even
to zero (change that in  <http://www.yourdomain.com/typo3/install>
www.yourdomain.com/typo3/install)." But where do I find this file in the
install folder? I looked but, nothing that I could find. Does anyone know
the solution to this problem or where that file is located so I can try
this?

2) STUPID question: When I open the BE + site from my laptop, there's no
content in the website... Does anyone know from where I can import the data
to my database. I gues I missed that part during install.

Help will be greatly appreciated, guys.

THANK YOU,
Soren