[TYPO3] My site only translates meny and page header

Eric Thelander 3d-telis at home.se
Fri Oct 26 18:16:29 CEST 2007

Thanks for your reply Stephen

Stephen Bungert skrev:
> What does this do:
>
> # Language icons
>
>> temp.sprakval = PHP_SCRIPT
>> temp.sprakval.file = fileadmin/scripts/chooseLanguage4.php
>>

> It was in your first post. Was it in the tutorial? I don't have this in my small multi-lingual test site. Is is something to customise your language menu? I used the special language menu for my site.

The script is a modified version of Kaspers (he mentioned it in the
multilanguage tutorial on typo3.org), it takes car of the language
selection in frontend displaying tiny flag icons and a red arrow
indicating the active language.

> Stephen Bungert wrote:
>
>> I had exactly the same problem! I solved it by reading this:
>>
>> http://typo3bloke.net/index.php?id=3&tx_ttnews[year]=2006&tx_ttnews[month]=10&tx_ttnews[day]=17&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=57&cHash=d6dcae4eae
>>
>> The answer I found was just to add this one line:
>>
>> config.sys_language_overlay = content_fallback

Thank you so much for this, even though it didn't solve my problem it
made me think about the TS setup and by doing so locating the faulting
segment.

config.sys_language_overlay = 1 <- this was my problem. I don't have a language with uid 1 so I belive when typo3 can't find the language it defaults back to language uid 0

Thanks again Stephen

/Eric

>>  From what I understood from Kaspers tutorial I didn't need this but it
>> was the only thing that was different between what I had and what
>> TYPO3bloke said you needed.
>>
>> Hope this helps you too.
>>
>> Stephen
>>
>> Eric Thelander wrote:
>>

>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I have a strange problem. I've followed Kaspers tutorial on how to
>>> create a multilanguage one tree site. I've gotten the language selection
>>> to work in frontend using tiny flag icons. When I click on a flag it
>>> changes  the url acording to the linkVars. The menu gets translated both
>>> in my navigation menu and in the page rootline. Even the page header
>>> inside my content frame gets translated correct but not the content it
>>> self. When I check the localization information everyting is green and I
>>> can see the two language columns. If I set the flag language for a
>>> content element, intended for my alternative language (english), to
>>> [ALL] it shows up in frontend.
>>>
>>> In frontend the flag for my alternative language is grey (dimmed)
>>> indicating that the page isn't translated even though it is.
>>>
>>> Have anyone experienced this before? Any pointers on how I should proceed?
>>>
>>> The TS I use for localization:
>>>
>>> config.linkVars = L
>>> config.uniqueLinkVars = 1
>>> config.sys_language_overlay = 1
>>> config.sys_language_mode = content_fallback
>>> config.language = sv
>>> config.sys_language_uid = 0
>>>
>>> [globalVar = GP:L = 3]
>>> config.language = en