[TYPO3] Extensions & eID -> initing extension manually

Sebastian Böttger sebastian.boettger at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 16:47:04 CEST 2007

Forget about this. The problem was the following:

The extension commerce uses its own database class, which is set by the
extending class in the init function.
This init function is called by the constructor (product/category) and
hand over a productUID or categorUID. But t3lib_div::makeInstance can't
handle arguments, so there is no productUID/categoryUID given.

When I now try to do the following:

$catObj = t3lib_div::makeInstance('tx_commerce_category');
$catObj->load_data();

the fatal error rises.

The solution would be:

$catObj = t3lib_div::makeInstance('tx_commerce_category');
$catObj->init($categoryUID);
$catObj->load_data();

And everything is fine.

Best Regards