[TYPO3] News categories when TV is using the General Record Storage page

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri Oct 26 13:26:43 CEST 2007

>> I have been using both tt_news and Templa voila for some time. But so
>> far I have not used the option for categories in tt_news.
>>
>> Now I would like to create some categories.
>>
>> The problem is that TV has already booked the General Record Storage
>> page that is needed for the news categories.
>>
>> How do I solve this problem?
>
> What is the problem? Use it for tt_news as well. TemplaVoila does not
> prevent it.

The Problem with the concept of a "General Record Storage Page" is, that the
user will be forced to put all the records of different extensions into this
one page only.
Usually people responsible for news categories and entries won't even get
access to a folder containing TV related stuff.
So in this case you can't have both TV and tt_news categories.
This is getting even worse if you got more than just 2 extensions using
GRSP.

IMHO extension authors should step back from this concept and use TS
constants instead.

HTH

Joey