[TYPO3] Problems with EXT Manager

Edd Twilbeck etwilbeck at cds-2-go.com
Thu Oct 25 18:32:59 CEST 2007

Greetings typo3!

As a newbie to typo3 (but not CMS setups) I've been busily trying to
solve my little problem on my own by scouring the documentation, this
mailing list, and whatever forums I could track down, but since I'm
having no luck I figured I'd ask all of you for some assistance.

Basically, my EXT Manager doesn't work. When I click "Retrieve/Update"
to get the plugin list from the TER, I get the following message:
"Error: The extension MD5 sum could not be fetched from extensions.md5.
Possible reasons: network problems, allow_url_fopen is off, curl is not
enabled in Install tool."

However, on my setup, allow_url_fopen is ON, and curl IS enabled in the
Install tool. I'd seen some info about people solving it with changing
there php.ini settings (the memory_limit = 64M) and I've done that, but
it still doesn't work right.

I'm running typo3 4.1.3(stable), Apache 1.3.37, MySQL 4.1.21 and PHP
4.4.7 - all via a shared hosting service that gives me php.ini control.

Any ideas or suggestions? It certainly would make development easier if
I could get to these resources! Thanks!
--
Edd Twilbeck
Web Developer