[TYPO3] How to use seperate style sheets for browsers

Stephen Bungert s.bungert at metrinomics.de
Thu Oct 25 18:31:46 CEST 2007

Hello,

In a web page, not made with typo3, I would have my core styles
developed for the browser I did the development with and then
addditional css links apended by php based on browser detection, or I
could use conditional comments if the css was aimed solely at IE.

How do I do this with a TYPO3 site?

html comments seem to get removed (at least in the head) so all browsers
see the modifications for IE when I tried this. Would it work if the
style link was in the body? Or would typo3 remove the comments again?

I tried using php in my template. Typos pages are php, so I thought I
could maybe just leave some php code in the html template and it would
work but this gets removed too.

How can I do this? Load seperate stylesheets? How do you all do (if you
should need to)?