[TYPO3] What's the 30 better extension for you ?

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Thu Oct 25 11:12:43 CEST 2007

Hi TYPO3 has a lot of favourites
what about those here I like most:

templaVoila
that's the most modern and flexible way of templating ever seen
Great greast thanks to Dimitry Dupelov who made this Extension really usable
for everybody
af_css_select - selecting css per page recursively
rggooglemap and wec_map both wonderful map extensions
wec_connector - multifunctional and easy to handle and to install incl.
spamsecurity
usable as guestbook,
jobmarket,
feedback
prayerconnector
light a candle,
wec_discussion - includes rss, spamsecurity and much more
usable as news instead of tt_news
instead of timtab as blog
instead of sk_comment as commenting system
or even as guestbook with rss feed :-)
rg_smoothgallery - multifunctional 5star extension
lightbox
ecard
dam
news
records ....
dropdownsitemap
easy to style and to handle
content_uneraser
very good solution to manage your deleted records
jb_status_code
redirect your domainrecords 301 and with other status codes from with TYPO3
cooluri
best invention since rewriting came to TYPO3 includes comfortable maganement
and modern coding and logical xml file
works nearly out of the box
be_acl
You need to manage your backend users - that's where you should go for
index_search and macina searchbox
a couple which is very useful
ter_update_check
a comfortable way to keep your site updated with a modern TYPO3
tinyrte
no better way to edit content inside TYPO3 - very comfortable to configure
includes various importfunctions and loremipsum and more
pmktextarea
makes editing your config and setup parts as easy as possible - including
divsyntax highlighting
pagetreetools
wow all in one solution instead of xtimes installing different extensions
pagemanager
You wanna preconfigure pages and even treebranches.
here it is copy a "template" to a new place an start working
best for companies who wanna keep their CI but also give editors the chance
to decide things by themselves
wec_knowledgebase
manage your knowledge and share it with otheres. You can include flash,
pictures and more
including a commenting system
wec_staffdirectory
Show the world who is standing behind your pages
Employees can manage their records
t3m and tc_directmail
There is really no easier way to get your mailing solution and
newslettersolution running
directmail send by t3m is easy and comfortable to setup and best of all it
works nealy out of the box!
seo_basics
seo management all in a box and working very smoothly
mc_googlesitemap
Now Google will know better about your sites. Easy to setup
dam and its related extensions
Best solution to manage all your digital content
pbsurvey
Ever had problems to setup a contact form? use it. It gives editors the
flexibility to design integrate many different fileds and options into a
multipageform. Usable as mailform, survey, contactform and more
mm_forum
and privateessaging solution including registry and more.
thats a real TYPO3 forum! a big one :-)
tvp and all its realted combonents
Makes your TYPO3 Backend in TemplaVoila looking fresh gives it an user
friendly touch including drag and drop
Thanks to Aobara who is a great developer from Asia

It might be easier (shorter) to write about the 30 worst extensions for
TYPO3 as TYPO3 has soooo much good extensions you won't find in other CMS
solutions. Extensions are mostly as good as the developers of those
extensions and their support. Big thanks to all I mentioned here above like:

Georg Ringer - rg.... - working, working, mostflexible, flexibel, well
documented, wonderful fast support
Jan Bednarik - jb.... and cooluri - same like Georg his stuff is simply
working and doing its job mostly out of the box
Jean David Gadina - if you need easy and functional tools - he has got them
Patrick Broens - first class support !!!
The big Team from WEC with their extensions and free support - functional
and simply working out of the box
Stefan Koch - and his T3M Mailing Solution
Peter Klein - and his tools and extensions which really TYPO3
same to Bernhard Kraft - Thik I had forgoten tv_contentslide above
Benjamin Mack - and his seo improvements
Thomas Schulz and the Tinyrte and the configuration tools on outraxx.de

Sorry if I have forgotten someone but those developers are really great and
still support and improve their products continuesly.
If you are writing about 30 best extensions don't forget that people develop
these extensions and they do their best! Please mention them too and perhaps
you will be able to link to them to give them more support.

There is one package out there - the wec_starter package which gives you
most of those already mentioned extensions ready to use - installed and
configured in one pack. Try it and you will see how easy TYPO3 could be set
up for everybody in about 30 Minutes!

I hope you publish your paper also online!

Thanks
Andi