[TYPO3] Limit number of page levels, treeLevels conditional

Bernie Pfister bernie at pixelsound.com
Thu Oct 25 04:57:12 CEST 2007

Hi list,

I try to limit the creation of pages, depending on the level where you
are and depending on the user.

For example:

User 1 can create pages on all levels.

User 2 can only create pages on level 2 and 3 in the page tree.

Has anyone a tip?

What I've done so far:

Page permissions:
I know how to do this using a specific page permissions scheme that I
apply to existing pages manually. And it works. But newly created pages
don't take on those permissions automatically - obviously.

TSconfig Conditions:
I also know how to set TSconfig in order to set permissions on new
pages. But that applies to all new pages, no matter what level they're in.

I tried to use the extension "kb_tsconfig_cond" to set conditions in
TSconfig, but treeLevel as a condition is not yet implemented.

cheers,
Bernie