[TYPO3] "indexed search" plugin problem

Ilaria De Marinis ilaria.demarinis at caspur.it
Wed Oct 24 09:46:22 CEST 2007

Apologies for this new post, but I have to install the "search"
functionality in my web site as soon as possible.
So, I have only two questions to make me uderstand.
I use both "Indexed Search" and "Site Crawler" extension.

1) Sometimes when I create some content page I need to clear cache. So
in order to have indexing of the web pages, is it possible to clear
"Front End Cache"?

2) I fill in the "TSConfig" of my root page properties with these
parameters:
config.index_enable = 1
tx_crawler.crawlerCfg.paramSets.test = &contentId=[_TABLE:tt_content]
tx_crawler.crawlerCfg.paramSets.test {
        procInstrFilter = tx_indexedsearch_reindex
}

Now I should configure "Indexed Search" plugin. I still can't view
"Startingpoint" box. Did I get wrong?
I am following the instructions that I downloaded from this url
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/doc_indexed_search/2.10.0/view/toc/0/

Best regards
Ilaria

> To have your pages indexed, your need at least to enable indexing in
> your TS setup:
>
> config.index_enable = 1
>
> and have all your pages viewed at least once (pages are indexed as
> they are viewed, unless you use the crawler).
>
> It's a complex topic that cannot be summarised in a couple of senteces
> and you should really consider reading the manual (which is provided
> in a separate extention [1]).
>
> [1]
> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/doc_indexed_search/2.10.0/
>
> HTH