[TYPO3] simplyfying BE - deleting upload browse button

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Wed Oct 24 09:08:01 CEST 2007

Hello all,

When a be user adds (for example) an image ContentElement (CE), she can
do it three ways:

1. with the File/Filelist module uploading the file in proper folder in
fileadmin and afterwards, while creating the CE, browsing the file with
the ElementBrowser (EB)

or

2. while creating the CE, browsing the EB and uploading there to the
proper folder in fileadmin

or

3. while creating the CE, uploading straight with the Browse button
below the Images box.

This last method is not nice because the image gets in the Uploads
folder (not in fileadmin) and it is almost impossible to find later. I'm
sure there is a way to define the uploads folder to be in the fileadmin,
but I would prefer not to use this method anyway.

So I would like to delete the Browse button below the Images-box all
together! I couldn't find in User TSconfig anything about this (the EB
has some nice features to define there though).

Is this possible at all?

- Katja