[TYPO3] "indexed search" plugin problem

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Oct 23 15:37:06 CEST 2007

Hi,

> I need to configure the "Indexed Search" plugin for my website.
> I inserted this element in a page but it's impossible to select the
> "Startingpoint" beacuse the box doesn't appeare.

The plugin is only used to display the results of a search. It does
not do any indexing by itself.

> So if I select "Indexing" under "Tools" menu no pages results indexed.

To have your pages indexed, your need at least to enable indexing in
your TS setup:

config.index_enable = 1

and have all your pages viewed at least once (pages are indexed as
they are viewed, unless you use the crawler).

It's a complex topic that cannot be summarised in a couple of
senteces and you should really consider reading the manual (which is
provided in a separate extention [1]).

[1] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/doc_indexed_search/
2.10.0/

HTH

François Suter

--
Cobweb Development Sàrl
www.cobweb.ch

Rue Eugène-Marziano 15, CH-1227 Les Acacias (Geneva - Switzerland)
T: +41 22 880 00 93, F: +41 22 880 00 94, E: support at cobweb.ch
web solutions for professionnal requirements