[TYPO3] How do handle a URLs like www.mydomain.com/fe_user_name

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue Oct 23 12:09:14 CEST 2007

Fabian Fisahn wrote:
> Hello Group,
>
> I have a site with registered frontend users with own pages. Now  I want
> to realize a direct access to their profile pages with a url like
> www.mydomain.com/fe_user_name. This should be similar to the Myspace URLs.
>
> Could somebody give a hint, how to do this? Is it possible with a hook
> for realurl? What is the best way to implement this?

you need at least one page between:

www.mydomain.com/u/fe_user_name

In this case to keep it short the page is name "u" for user, you can of
course name it whatever you want. In the realurl configuration you can
then build a configuration specifically for that page's ID. In that
configuration you need to define that the first parameter is the
username ...

this is as far as I remember it

HTH
Ingo