[TYPO3] Dynamic TCA (dynamic fields in content-edit)

Frank foppel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 14:26:01 CEST 2007

Hi Folks,
I wanted to know if anyone has good information (link, webpage) about
creating a dynamic TCA. I've seen stuff which seems that it would be
possible to have hierarchy-based or context based a diffrent set of input
fields when editing a dataset (lets say, for example a tt_address dataset).

what I want to achieve is that if (in my example) a tt_address record is
added under tree a/b/c in node c, that i have a set of input fields (lets
say firstname, email and web) and under tree a/d/e in node e i have input
fields like firstname, lastname, street, city, zip, phone.

The sets should be stored somewhere at node 'b' and node 'd' in my example.

Is that generally possible? or should i scrap this and build my own
input-module (called plan B)?

And then I would like to have it even more flexible that I can define simple
text-inputfields dynamically...
(lets say under a/e/f the fields company_address, googlemaplink and
company_email in this tt_address example)

thanks in advance for any input

Frank Berger