[TYPO3] GPL Liscense and login / BE

Robert Flach, Web Developer robert.flach at webtooldeveloper.com
Thu Oct 18 16:11:47 CEST 2007

I too have been having difficulty with content-editors complaining of
the complexity of the backend (and this is after removing all but the
web->page module, so they don't have a lot of menu distractions).  I
don't see it.  It seems simple and intuitive to me.  I would love to see
a wiki page or tutorial on setting up a minimal clueless-content-editor
backend user.
Thanks,
Robert Flach

BTW: For me it's not a make or break thing:  I chose typo3 for basically
two features.
1. page-tree based setup  Makes sense for all but a few things like
blog-posts whereas most other open source CMS's seem to be little more
than glorified news/blog posting systems.
2. Fine-grained permissions system.  I was really amazed when I realized
that typo3 was just about the only system out there where I could give
someone access to edit only a few specific pages, give another person
access to publish those edits, and have a completely different set of
people fulfilling the same roles for another branch of the page-tree.

No other open source editor seems to have both of these features
out-of-the-box.  Having to do more training on the backend won't change
my need to have those two features.  On the other hand if it's possible
to simplify the backend interface to the point that such training isn't
needed, then that would be even more lovely!