[TYPO3] dynamic JSMENU

Leon White badfunkstripe at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 13:17:36 CEST 2007

Hi List,

I have a JSMENU on my site (pacific-peace.net) to select a country. After
the selection is made, I would like a second selection box to appear, where
a thematic area for the country can then be selected. At the moment I have
this sort of working using the following conditions, but this is not optimal
because it is a lot of code and because the first selection then needs to be
made again before we can select anything from the second box.

[treeLevel = 0,1]
peacemenu = HMENU
peacemenu {
  entryLevel = 1
  special = directory
  special.value = 147
  1 = JSMENU
  1 {
    levels = 1
    1 {
      wrap = |
      showActive = 1
      firstLabel = * Countries
    }
  }
}
[GLOBAL]

[treeLevel = 2]
peacemenu = HMENU
peacemenu {
  entryLevel = 1
  special = directory
  special.value = 147
  1 = JSMENU
  1 {
    levels = 2
    1 {
      wrap = |
      showActive = 1
      firstLabel = {$countryName}
    }
    2 < .1
    2.firstLabel = * Thematic areas
  }
}
[GLOBAL]

how can I implement this? a different approach may be possible, as each
country will have the exact same thematic areas... would it be easier to
write an external PHP script that evaluates the combination of the two boxes
and redirects to a specific PID?

thanks for your ideas,
leon