[TYPO3] *** POSSIBLE SPAM (3.5) *** Re: GPL Liscense and login / BE

Andrew Davis junk at avagraphique.com
Wed Oct 17 19:45:29 CEST 2007

like everything else, some get it some don't and then there's the
folks in between.

for those that get it, they love it, for those who don't, there's no
chance they ever will. its the folks in the middle were trying to get
rolling with it....

joomla isnt the answer because it is too abstract... the page tree in
typo3 is the best thing ever, when you are workingwith pages. when
working with special functionality (products records, etc.) sysfolders
get weird for people.

I hear that 4.2 is supposed to have some major backend redesigns?

In article
<mailman.2224.1192637662.20721.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de>Steph
en Bungert <s.bungert at metrinomics.de> wrote:

| Andrew Davis wrote:
||   it seems clear to us that typo3 be needs serious
||  simplification. This is not a knock against Typo3. it is
|| straightforward enough and very powerful, but for joe-average,
still|| over their head.

| I have to agree with this. I have to re-design for our company sites
| with a CMS. I choose TYPO3 because it's the only one that seem to
let | us do what I need to plus works with multiple languages. I am
worried| though about how to get the content editors to use it. Most
don't
| speak english or german fluently and, compared to say JOOMLA 1.5,
is| an ugly old dinosaur. I think if JOOMLA 1.5 had been released as a
| final and had good documentation in place for me to learn how it
| works I may have choosen that, not because I think it's better, but
| because I think the people that will have to edit the content would
| have a better chance of using it.

| Considering that TYPO3 is a CMS and not a development tool maybe
the| devs could concentrate on making the next version more usable for
| content editors, most of whom have trouble using interfaces like
| hotmail and outlook express. I'm a bit concerned about whether
TYPO3| is actually only useable by web developers.

--
I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo