[TYPO3] hide or disable "Disable Rich Text Editor" checkbox

Jill E jillande at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 20:07:40 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have a question about how to hide or disable the "Disable Rich Text
Editor" checkboxes in the TYPO3 interface.

Using user TSconfig "setup.override.edit_RTE = 1" and not selecting
"Pagecontent:Disable Rich Text Editor" in the user group Allowed
excludefields I am able to prevent users from seeing the "disable RTE"
checkbox immediately beneath the editor in text contents and prevent
them from disabling the RTE in their user preferences.

However, there is still a Disable Rich Text Editor (RTE) checkbox at
the bottom of each content element (beneath "Show secondary options
(palettes) and Show field descriptions) that I would like to
disable/hide.

I want to hide this checkbox to prevent users from inserting their own
HTML code by hand not using the RTE. Is there an easy way to do this?
Or is there something I can do that will make the code be transformed
using the RTE rules even when the RTE is disabled?

I am using TYPO3 version 4.0.7.  Please advise if version 4.1.x but
not 4.0.x includes this feature.

Thank you.

Jill Anderson