[TYPO3] Typo3 and connection to mysql on non standard port

Sascha Egerer seg at softvision.de
Tue Oct 16 15:43:10 CEST 2007

Marco Antonioli schrieb:
> Hi Peter
> you are right!!
>
> 1) if I try with:
> mysql_connect('localhost:3307', 'myuser', 'mypass')
>
> "Access denied for user: 'myUser at localhost' (Using password: YES) in
> /xxx/test_db5.php on line 3
> 1 Could not connect: Access denied for user: 'ram at localhost' (Using
> password: YES)
> "
> I think that with localhost php ignores the port and send request on
> standard port
>

> 2) then if I connect with
>
> mysql_connect('127.0.0.1:3307', 'myuser', 'mypass')
>
> "Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server;
> consider upgrading MySQL client in /xxx/test_db5.php on line 11
> 2 Could not connect: Client does not support authentication protocol
> requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client"
>
> If I check in php.ini
> Client API version     4.0.20
>
> Maybe this is the problem.
>
> Thanks!!!
> marco
>

> Peter Russ ha scritto:

Maybe the problem is the new Password encryption from MySQL.

Try to set the MySQL User-Password like that

mysql> UPDATE mysql.user SET Password = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd')
     -> WHERE Host = 'some_host' AND User = 'some_user';
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

For more informations:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html