[TYPO3] Typo3 and connection to mysql on non standard port

Marco Antonioli antonioli at gammsystem.com
Tue Oct 16 15:29:57 CEST 2007

Hi Peter
you are right!!

1) if I try with:
mysql_connect('localhost:3307', 'myuser', 'mypass')

"Access denied for user: 'myUser at localhost' (Using password: YES) in
/xxx/test_db5.php on line 3
1 Could not connect: Access denied for user: 'ram at localhost' (Using
password: YES)
"
I think that with localhost php ignores the port and send request on
standard port

2) then if I connect with

mysql_connect('127.0.0.1:3307', 'myuser', 'mypass')

"Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server;
consider upgrading MySQL client in /xxx/test_db5.php on line 11
2 Could not connect: Client does not support authentication protocol
requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client"

If I check in php.ini
Client API version 	4.0.20

Maybe this is the problem.

Thanks!!!