[TYPO3] GPL Liscense and login / BE

Elmar Hinz elmar07 at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 15 20:34:43 CEST 2007

Andrew Davis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I understand that the gpl needs to be stated in the sourcecode, but on
> the login screen and the back-end, it has the license and TYPO3
> clearly displayed everywhere. Thats a problem for my company, as we
> want to brand the be entirely our own.

Hi Andrew,

as far as I understand, the following GPL lines for terminal interactions
apply for web backend in analogous style:

If the program does terminal interaction, make it output a short notice like
this when it starts in an interactive mode:
    This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `show
w'.
    under certain conditions; type `show c' for details.

In other words: If somebody offers his work for you under the conditions of
the GPL, he claims that you name his merit. To camouflage his work as yours
breaks the contract. At that point, your company has a new problem.

Elmar