[TYPO3] CoolUri & 404 page

Theo theo at nospam.com
Fri Oct 12 02:03:35 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have installed the CoolUri extension and everything seems to be okay.
However, I don't like the way CoolUri reports the Page Not Found error.

I suppose the following entry at CoolUriConf.xml sends the correct header
to the browser and to search engine robots:

    <pagenotfound>
      <status>HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found</status>
      <behavior type="message"><![CDATA[ <h1>Page not found!</h1> ]]></behavior>
    </pagenotfound>

but, this response is meaningless for a human or at least it doesn't provide
any help to them.

So, I have tried a redirect command to another page but I'm not sure whether
Google understand it or just index the error page.  Using another approach
I included a template code but it renders an static page.

My question is, how to integrate the error response into the typo3 site in
order to display a dynamic page?

Thank you in advance.