[TYPO3] QuickEdit - allow users to edit inserted records from another page...

Timothy Patterson tjpatter at svsu.edu
Wed Oct 10 20:44:53 CEST 2007

This question is kind of hard to grasp so bear with me!

I have a page with a regular text element on it.  I have a second page
that I want to include the same content on without duplicating the text
element.  I have inserted an "Insert Record" element on the second page
and pointed it the the first page's text element.  Life is good...  Both
pages appear with the same text element.

NOW, here's my issue...  My users are only allowed to use QuickEdit to
access their pages.  How do I allow them to edit the information no
matter if they access the first page or the second page?

(I told you it was confusing! Let me know if you have any questions!)

When a user tries to edit the second page's insert record element the
user gets an access denied message.  Here is the error that they receive:

You do not have access to edit the requested record.

Reason: ERROR: authMode "explicitAllow" failed for field "CType" with
value "shortcut" evaluated

Thanks,
Tim Patterson