[TYPO3] Forcing to change password extension

Mathias Schreiber [TYPO3] mathias at typo3.org
Wed Oct 10 09:11:27 CEST 2007

Oktawiusz Poranski schrieb:
> Hi
>
> I'm looping for an extension which will force user to change password
> every X days
> Does anyone know if TYPO has such functionality?

I wrote something like this for vodafone not too long ago.
But the extension still lacks documentation (though vodafone has allowed
to publish it).
Any help welcome.

The pack consists of three extensions:
a) The Password changing Plugin itself (generates passwords to
copy/paste and works SOX compliant, so passwords are checked if they are
"hardened").

b) Login Hook which "jails" users in a certain usrgroup if the users
password has to be changed. This allows to show only the "Change
Password" Page or Content Element once the due-date of the password has
to be canged.

c) Password nagging screen which shows either a JS Alert or a stylable
box telling the user that his password will need to be changed in X days.

Everything is quite configurable (expiry days, usergroups to jail in etc.)

If someone is willing to write the docs, I could publish these three
extensions.

--
T3A AM
Rocking TYPO3 since 3.1b1