[TYPO3] CoolURI and Tip-A-Friend

Morten Kjems mortenkjems at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 01:33:14 CEST 2007

Hi.

I have asked about this before but have not found a solution.

I have tried to implement a "tip a friend" function in my current project.

I have looked into two extensions:

1. The original Tip-A-Friend (tipafriend)

2. The Tip-A-Friend-Plus (tipafriend_plus)

None of them work when CoolURI is installed and both works just fine
otherwise.

The problem is that the Url of the recommended page is not generated
correct. It looks like this:

http%3A%2F%2domain.com%2Fpage.html

instead of just: http://domain.com/page.html

(the latest version of CoolURI does not change this behavior)

The way I see it there are two options:

1. The problem is related to CoolURI and can be fixed by an update.
Maybe Jan can tell if this is an option.

Or

2. I will have to hard code the link as suggested by Peter Klein in
another post. Here is the snippet that Peter suggests:

http://www.typo3wizard.com/en/snippets/general-config/tip-a-friend-link-mit-typoscript-erstellen.html

When I use this snippet I still get incorrect URLs like the one above.
The output in the browser looks like this:
tip.html?tipUrl=http%253A%252F%252Fdomain.com%252Fsubpage.html%253F%253D
And no link is generated.

So my questions are:

1. Can the problem be solved with a fix of CoolURI?

2. And if not. How do I then achieve my gold of having a "tip a friend"
link on every page?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

/Morten