[TYPO3] Creating a frontend editing module using fe_adminLib.inc

Rens Admiraal typo3 at ambitiondesign.nl
Tue Oct 9 23:06:43 CEST 2007

Hi list,

I want to create an extension to edit database records in the
frontend. The extension directmail_subscription uses fe_adminLib.inc
to create forms, and I would like to do it the same way. To find the
way how to do this I copied the directmail_subscription plugin, and
renamed some references / objectnames.
The plugin shows up in the 'insert plugin' list, but it doesn't work.
When I take a look in the Typoscript Object Browser I see the
typoscript tree shows the directmail_subscription tree, and the tree
of the plugin I created, and the values are the same.

 From this point I would say that thhe copying was succesfull, but
for some reason Typo3 does not render the plugin in the frontend.

I also tried to create a new plugin, and build it up with
directmail_subscription as example, but this way results in the same
problem.

I've searched the internet, read TSref / some Typo3 books, but still
I did not find an answer.

I'm really stuck in how to use feadmin, and I would really appreciate
some hint / tutorial / documentation which clearly shows how I can
build an extension which uses fe_adminLib.inc as base to edit
database records.

With kind regards,
Rens Admiraal