[TYPO3] timtab - recurring array_merge errors

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Wed Nov 28 12:48:38 CET 2007

Dmitry wrote:
> Yes, this is not encouraging for anyone who wants to use timtab... I
sometimes think
> that timtab was an experiment and experiemnt did not end good enough. I
still use it
> but wordpres is much better for blogging, much easier to install and much
better
> handles comments. If anyone would ask me, I would recommend WordPress over
any
> TYPO3-based blogging solutions. The roght tool for the job.

Yes, I tend to agree - if I am setting up small sites, or primarily blog
sites I would stick with wordpress.

However, apart from wanting to stretch myself, I am an idealist - I like
everything to be as integrated as possible, as few extensions achieving the
most function :) And as I am building a portal, not simply a blog, there are
a number of advantages in getting this to work.

I only wish I could get the bugs ironed out. If timtab isn't going to be
supported, one has to ask why new plugins (supposed to be) extending it are
continually made. Oh well :) C'est la vie.

Cate